So one of the points I pointed in the previous post was “We need a single point of entry for all the data which is flowing from you to the outside world”.
Consider Google, which provides the following
- they have a Orkut, social networking site, thru which they have a list of your close friends (It would be pretty simple to ask you how you know that person), so they understand what kind of relationship you have with your friends.
- they provide you a mail service, so they know whom you contact most/least often.
- They have your chat (talk), so they know whom you communicate instantly with. (this + the social networking site’s scrap feature)
- The OpenSocial was initiated which allowed sharing friends info (of course it could not be replicated) across members of the OpenSocial forum.
- They have provided an RSS reader, so they know what you read. (some kind of replacement for newspapers)
- They know what your friends read since your friends also match the above criteria.
- They know what kind of advertisements interests you.
So what you see over here is a “search company” which would be able to “on demand” replicate you. J After the other AI probs are cracked i.e..
And so now you understand why I want to get into google!!!!!
1. Nowhere in my previous blog post or this blog post do I say that google is using this data.
2. As per my knowledge, Google is currently not using this data.
3. I am very sure it will never deny a user his/her privacy by using this data in the future also.
4. Do not make any misassumptions or crib about this post
Hopefully I get time tomorrow morn to post this to my blog. ZZZZZZzzzzz…